People With Time to Kill

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lines

In a fit of Sunday laziness, I'm cheating myself slightly by opting to post a piece that I wrote months ago by never posted.  Originally written in August, while sitting in a PoCo driveway after a night of drinking, this is Lines.

We draw them, we cross them, and we blur them.  I know longer know how to tell what is within bounds.  People draw their own boundaries that don't necessarily coincide with mine so navigating the lines can be tricky at best.  We are defined by the bridges we burn and the lines we cross.  But how do you know when you've gone too far when everything is always changing?

I suppose the only thing you can really do is admit where the lines are drawn and be honest about what your intentions are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.