People With Time to Kill

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

$5 Footlongs


This is the US version of the current bane of my existence.  I can't quite decide if I hate it more or less than the Canadian version which I was unable to find a video of.  Either way, I am thankful for our PVR and the ability to skip commercials.  Fueled by alcohol at dinner on Friday, we broke down in giggles every time the stupid commercial came on and even developed a line of merchandise that could be a big hit with males between the ages of 15 - 35.  I'm sure you can figure out why.  This is my plea to Subway - please, please, please, fire your current marketing team and start over because every time I hear this jingle or see that stupid monkey, it makes me hate you just a little bit more.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I believe a meeting to take over the marketing department should be the plan of attack. Why don't we meet next Tuesday at KFC for some $2.79 Toonie Tuesday... Oohhh! Wait...(how did that happen???)...foiled by chicken!!! Ouch! Well I think it must be some a Canadian mass marketing ploy to take over the country, five dollars at a time by monkeys and two dollars and seventy-nine cents by the dirty bird. This further incriminates those hippos from telus...I'm scared. Your friend...me.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.