People With Time to Kill

Monday, January 10, 2011

Blank

It's amazing how quickly the ideas for interesting posts disappear the moment I sit down to actually write.  I'm thinking of starting a list to carry around with me because the frustration is mounting.  In a bid to write about ANYTHING other than the cleaning that dominated my weekend, I'll explore the over used movie cliche of the underdogs coming back to win it all.

Yesterday's activities included watching television re-runs of D3: The Mighty Ducks (because I can never resist watching Joshua Jackson) and the 1992 hit movie Cutting Edge, staring Moira Kelly as skating diva Kate Moseley and D.B. Sweeney as rough-around the edges Doug Dorsey, a pro-hockey player sidelined with a career ending injury.  While both movies are extremely high in the cheese factor, they both explore the trials and tribulations any underdog faces - formidable opponents, the will to better themselves, even the chance for romance. 

Underdog characters are those that the common person can relate to.  They aren't the popular jock or cheerleader - they are the quiet, nerdy, nobodies that rise up to become somebody.  They are characters worth supporting because they are just like you.  This is the exact reason we love watching movies about underdogs.  We all hope that we can be just as successful with the problems in our own lives.

3 comments:

  1. You could post questions to your facebook wall and then blog about people's answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't let myself blog later than 1am on weeknights even if it's when I think I'm the most hil-aaaar-ious. So I text myself any thoughts and look at them again in the morning.

    They never make ANY sense. So maybe not blogging late at night is good ;) But yes, definitely recommend writing a quick note even though the mood may pass to write it later.

    Glad you're writing again! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.