People With Time to Kill

Friday, July 8, 2011

Where In The World

No, I'm not wondering where Carmen Sandiego is.  The truth is a bit more mundane but infinitely more interesting to me since it concerns this blog.

Way back in January, I mentioned that this blog surprisingly has readers scattered around the world.  Blogger actually tracks your blog's statistics, looking at page views, post views, traffic sources/referring sites, and audience location.  They also break down the sats so you can examine them over certain periods of time ranging from what's happening on your blog right now, this day, this week, this month, and even your all time stats since the start of your blog.  My favourite stat is probably the one that looks at where people are reading from (audience location).  Here's a quick breakdown of countries so far (as of 10 am this morning):

  1. Canada (1,841 views)
  2. USA (346 views)
  3. Norway (97 views)
  4. Malaysia (87 views)
  5. UK (51 views) 
  6. Denmark (31 views)
  7. Australia (26 views)
  8. Germany (18 views)
  9. Monaco (15 views)
  10. Russia (13 views)

Even though they make up only 26% of the 2,644 views, I'm really feeling the international love =) It's easy to chalk up the high Canadian views to family and friends, but places like Malaysia, Denmark, Germany, and Russia breaking into the top 10 is amazing considering I don't really know anyone who lives there!

It's little things like this that help me realize what kind of range and depth my own little voice can reach just with the random things I ramble about.  It also makes me imagine how these numbers could grow as I take on issues and topics of importance once I'm ready to take that step.  With the Internet and various technologies, the world is shrinking and I think I'm ready to stake my place in it; with a bit of help from my friends (known and unknown) of course =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.