People With Time to Kill

Monday, April 4, 2011

Message in a Bottle - Letting Go

Messages come in many forms but my favourite are those anonymous notes that brave the seas (or the web).  There's something cathartic about releasing those words into the great unknown, hoping they might reach the person they were meant for.  The Message in a Bottle series gives readers (and myself) that chance.  I am so proud of everyone that is brave enough to give it a try, and am equally humbled by the fact you trust me to deliver your message.
Have you ever found yourself in a difficult situation where you want to tell your friend what an idiot they are?  Well one reader has and they wanted to share a letter they wrote but never had the courage to send.  I`m sure this was written with love...
Dear Friend,


I'm sorry to say it's just not working anymore.  We're both different people now and I can't really say I like who you've become lately.  It's hard for me to say but for such a nice person, you're really an awful friend =(


I hope that one day soon you won't be so clueless and lost.  I know you don't really understand why or how this happened but I'm really done putting up with your crap.  I can finally admit I deserve much better.  One day, when you've pulled your head out of your ass, maybe we can be friends again but until then, good luck.


Best wishes,
Your Ex-Friend
Maybe this will give you inspiration to write your own letter (and hopefully send it) or maybe it will make you stop and think about how you've been treating your own friends lately.  Either way, hopefully something good can come out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.