People With Time to Kill

Friday, April 8, 2011

Quotes N Smiles

I like collecting quotes.  It's nice to be reminded that even though I can't find the right words to explain something like how I feel, someone else has probably already put them together better than I ever could.  Some might think this is a bit demoralizing, admitting that your own efforts are no where near where you wish they were, but I think it's inspiring.  It's a reminder of what I could be like sometime in the future if I keep trying every day.

One of my new favourite quote sources is Quotes N Smiles on Twitter.  They've had some really good ones lately that fit quite well with our ongoing theme of friendship, truth, and honesty this week.  I'll list them below for you to think about this weekend - I know I will...when I'm not out enjoying the sunshine that is!  Happy Friday everyone =)

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad" (just because it made me smile)

"If someone wants to be a part of your life, they'll be there.  Don't bother saving a spot for someone who won't make an effort to stay."

"Sometimes it's better to be kind than to be right.  We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens."

"Respect the emotions in someone's heart rather than the expression on their face.  Expression is just a formality but emotions are reality."

"True words are not always pretty and pretty words are not always true."

"Give, but don't allow yourself to be used.  Love, but don't allow your heart to be abused.  Listen to others, but don't lose your own voice."

"If you're not happy about how someone treats you, maybe it's not their fault...maybe you taught them it was 'okay' by allowing it to continue."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.