People With Time to Kill

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Secrets

I love PostSecret.  Started by Frank Warren in 2004 as a community art project, PostSecret encourages people to mail their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard.  Frank has published five books that contain just a fraction of the hundreds of millions of cards he has received over the years.  Frank travels throughout the sates with an exhibit of the cards and speaks about the impact these secrets can have on our lives.  I can't even begin to imagine the number of lives that have been saved by this project because sometimes all it takes is to know you're not alone in your struggles.

Every Sunday, a new collection of secrets is posed on the PostSecret website and they are always titled "Sunday Secrets."  I like reading what other people are thinking and I like to compare it to my own secrets, some of which I've actually sent to Frank.  There's something about this shared experience that fuels my own hopes and dreams.  It inspires me to keep going with my own project even though it may not mean as much as PostSecret because I know it means something to at least one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.