People With Time to Kill

Saturday, March 5, 2011

To-Do

I am a master procrastinator.  If it needs to get done, I can find a way to put it off until the last minute.  Oddly, this really only seems to happen when dealing with things of a personal matter especially around the house.  My theory is that I'm too focused on the things that I get paid to do (i.e. anything at work) that by the time I get around to things at home I just don't have the energy or will to get it done. 

Any of my regular readers have noticed this trend already in the weeks I've been posting on here.  It's rare for them to see a post before 11:00 pm and unfortunately, you can absolutely tell when I'm just trying to get something done before midnight (i.e. any bunk piece that has ever been posted). 

Old habits die hard and the worse the habit, the harder it is to break.  One of the pluses of my self-imposed off-line weekend is that I've actually had to write these in advance.  True to form, I'm doing so in the few hours left before midnight, but it's still getting done ahead of time so yay for me!

In an effort to be productive without the distractions of my phone or the internet, I've compiled a to-do list for the weekend.  Like any obsessive compulsive event planner, I love writing lists.  There's something completely satisfying about checking each item off and wiping my white board clear once everything's done.

Clearly this is just further evidence of my multiple personalities.  It drives my mother insane that I am one person in my professional life and a different person at home.  Will I ever be able to meld the two together?  I suppose only time will tell, just like we'll have to wait and see just how far I get with my list this weekend.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.