People With Time to Kill

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Snobbery

If only the public transit experience
was actually as glossy as this picture...
I've been car-less since Monday and this time on public transit has reminded me exactly why I hate taking it regularly.  I know what the benefits are for the city and for the environment but I don't really feel those benefits when paying $3.75 to spend an hour squished into a poorly ventilated confined space full of people who invade your space with no volume control over their conversations or personal hygiene standards.  Obviously this is a blanket statement that in no way describes the general populace of transit users, but as I've often been told, it only takes a few to ruin something for all.  Sorry Mother Nature, I'll have to find some way to make it up to you because tomorrow I'm back behind the wheel and I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.