People With Time to Kill

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Home Stretch

I used to think getting one of these done a day would be difficult.  Now I know it's nothing compared to finishing three in one go.  By the time this gets posted, it'll be Sunday and I could be in one of two mental states; totally relaxed or willing time to fast forward to Monday morning so I can take my phone off airplane mode and finally check my email.  The last time I did this, I ended up totally relaxed but that was because I had the distractions of Tofino and the open road.  This time, I'm staying in town which leads me to believe I'll be itching to get back online. 

It's different when you're away, especially when you're alone, because you're in vacation mode.  I naturally avoid thinking about what's going on back home because I'm too busy exploring whatever place I'm in.  This is probably why the idea of a stay-cation (vacationing in your home city) has no appeal to me.  Sure, there are lots of places around Vancouver that I've never been to or haven't seen in quite a while but I'm not going to pretend to be a tourist to go see them, I'll just go, or wait for someone to come visit so I have an excuse.

Hopefully I'll make it through this weekend unscathed and off-line.  I'll let you know how it went on Monday =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.