People With Time to Kill

Monday, February 28, 2011

Blue Monday


Sometimes you just get that sinking feeling on Sunday night that has you seriously contemplating calling in sick for Monday morning and hiding out at home to avoid whatever disaster fate has in store for you.  I had that feeling last night and tried to brush it off before passing out.  In hindsight, I probably should have listened to my gut.
The case for my office back-up
drive which my dad mistook for
my lunch box

This morning I dutifully gathered my Monday work paraphernalia which includes one of the three office back-up drive, my work computer and my overstuffed purse.  I was about a 15 minutes into my morning commute when one of the lights on my dash started blinking at me.  Normally this wouldn't cause much worry since my cars have always been known to have faulty wiring in the dash lights (probably because both cars are from the previous century!) but it was the overdrive light and it didn't respond to the repeated mashing I proceeded to give the button.

This, combined with the whining noise beginning to emanate from under the hood once I reached speeds of 60 km/hr turned my slight concern to full blown panic.  As I cruised across Boundary into the second half of my usual drive and stared at the slight hill I would have to climb, I figured parking the car somewhere safe and taking the train the rest of the way in would probably be a good idea.  Since I was in the area, my alma mater, The Art Institute of Vancouver was my best bet for decent parking near a skytrain station.

25 feet from the intersection where I would've turned, the car died.  So, not only was I going to be late for work, I was also blocking the middle lane of a busy street during the morning commute.  FML.  A quick call to BCAA resulted in a 30 minute wait for a tow and a 1 block ride to the station.  Worst. Monday. EVER!

On the plus side, the week can only get better from here right?

Note - For those that have no idea what the above video is, it's Orgy covering the New Order hit "Blue Monday" which I like better for today because it's a little more kick butt than the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.