People With Time to Kill

Friday, March 4, 2011

Overload

We're all curious by nature but how do you know when to stop asking questions before you get an answer you don't want to hear or see? 

With technology today, it's almost impossible not to find whatever information you're looking for.  Whether it's a picture of your ex's new boyfriend/girlfriend or a limited edition vintage car, you can find it somewhere online.  We're so dependant on the internet that search engines like Goggle have actually become verbs; "just Google it."

I'm not going to lie - I am one of those internet/technology junkies that panics when my iPhone gets left at home by accident.  I live my life around the world on my phone and via Facebook, Blogger, Twitter, and Skype because it's the only way to keep up with everyone wherever they are in the world.  The problem with this lately is that because I spend my work week on the phone and computer, I'm starting to hate using them on the weekends too.

So this weekend, I'm going cleansing; no phone and no internet.  I've only done this on purpose once before, on a solo trip to Tofino and I felt so relaxed when I got home it freaked some people out.  Clearly, with the stress level at mid-high range and a sore neck that doesn't seem to want to get better, it's time to take action again.

Don't worry though - I've already scheduled this weekends posts so we'll keep on track and I won't have any excuses to go on line =) Some people may think this is impossible but I'm actually feeling excited about it!  I dare you to give it a try for at least 24 hours because I'd hate to see any of you end up like the people in this video below.  See you all on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.