People With Time to Kill

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just Say No

Will power is the backbone of any resolution and you either have it or you're doomed to fail.  I like to think I have will power but the truth is I've only got it in certain situations.  One of the downsides of a guilty conscience is that will power almost always takes a back seat to guilt.

Since my friends aren't above taking advantage of this fact, I often find myself in situations that I didn't mean to get into.  Case in point tonight; instead of diligently working on an upcoming presentation, I went for gelato and a wonderfully random drive.  Apparently, the reason "I'm bored and restless" is enough of a reason for me to drop everything and go.  My neediness for being needed was clearly a contributing factor here =)

But even though I didn't finish everything I had hoped to tonight, I still had a great time catching up with a friend which is still productive.  Here's to more random nights of 'productivity' who' numbers will probably increase with the warmer weather.  Maybe I'll have to start avoiding my phone...it's probably easier than actually trying to say "No" at this point...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.