People With Time to Kill

Saturday, March 26, 2011

A to Z

When I see something that makes me stop or hear something that strikes the right chord, I instantly wish I had been blessed with a fraction of that talent.  To be able to capture a perfect moment on film, or evoke emotions from a simple brush stroke, or explain life's mysteries in a verse leaves me in awe. 

I hope you don't view me as egotistical or narcissistic when I say I know I have talents.  Everyone does and they all come into play at different times of our lives.  I can play the piano, follow a recipe while still making it my own, and organize an event like a pro (at least I think I can!).  I used to write questionable stories and poetry and am currently enthralled by antiques and interior design.  However, the prospect of creating for a living is, and I suspect will always be, the ultimate dream.

I can't even begin to count how many times I've talked about this very idea in the blog so far but that's the kick about writing - you can only honestly write what you know.  Do I think I could write something meaningful at the age of 28?  No.  I'm sure I could produce some cookie-cutter fluff about college years or the struggles of the early 20's and finding oneself, but is that what I want to do?  Absolutely not (even though that is the kind of stuff I not-so-secretly love to read). 

What I want to write about are adventures in cities I've never explored, and characters I have yet to meet.  I want to write about not only the selfishness of my 20's, but also the struggle of the 30's, the familiarity of your 40's, the wonder of 50-plus, and the knowledge of all the ages after.  I want to write about love, happiness, heartbreak, tragedy, and everything in between. 

In short, I want to write about the life I have yet to live so I guess what I really want is to go live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.