People With Time to Kill

Friday, January 7, 2011

The Last RSVP

Today is going to be quick since it's Friday and I'm having some friends over to watch the Canucks game and celebrate the weekend =)

Every time someone sends out an invitation to an event, there is always at least one person who is holding out on their RSVP because they are waiting to see what else comes up.  I believe that this is a natural reaction and will admit to being that person from time to time.

However, it seems that EVERYONE IN VANCOUVER does this.  The problem?  How are you supposed to know if you should just cancel your event since you have no idea who is coming?  This never used to bother me until the tables were turned and I became the person who organized events.

Even something as simple as a party invite on Facebook has turned into a battle for responses.  The biggest thorn in my side when it comes to Facebook?  Those that reply maybe and those that live on Facebook but have yet to respond to the invitation.  The maybe's I deal with by including 25% of them in my total expected guests.  History shows that even expecting 25% of maybe's is aiming quite high.

With that in mind - I'm off to prepare for tonight.  But before I go, let me leave you with a simple request.  Give me a break and just reply no already! =p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.