People With Time to Kill

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Low Points

Do you feel bad for this kitty?
It's waiting for you to keep it
company on the blog! =)
It would be foolish to think I could make it through a year of writing without a couple of low points.

Summer readership coupled with lackluster posts was always going to translate into less views.  Truthfully, I'm pretty surprised it took until the end of July (the 29th to be precise) to finally feature a day with zero page views.  To make matters worse (for myself), July also recorded a new low in page views, clocking in with an abysmal 153 views.

Some people might be inclined to presume I'm lying about this being the first day with no views, but anyone who reads regularly knows I'm a bit obsessive compulsive about checking on my blog stats.  Clearly, if I was going to lie about lame stats, I'd pad them so they don't look as pathetic! Oh well, at least the silver lining to this story is that we can only go up (hopefully) from here =)

2 comments:

  1. You're doing better than me, I largely stop writing in the summer (except at work) because the summer days are full of visitors, invites out, and happy outdoor activities. If it makes you feel better, tv ratings drop in the summer, as does news reporting and readership :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! It does feel better to compare myself to bad reality television and re-runs =)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.