People With Time to Kill

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Progress

Life hasn't felt very exciting lately.  Between bi-polar weather, work, people moving away, and more work, the height of summer has been a bit bland.  However, it is a new month and things are picking up around here.  The sun is out for consecutive days, plans are being made, and I'm one step closer to where I want to be =)

It's official - I've just signed a new six month, full time contract with The Finer Details (TFD) as an Event Coordinator!  Working as a contractor during this first year post-graduation has really helped me appreciate the stability of full-time, long-term deals.  The prospect of not finding another contract is pretty scary (and likely!), and the continual job search (especially for those dream jobs you aren't quite qualified for) can really wear you down.

I'm so excited to be contributing to TFD full time and even more stoked to be working on the Ghost Train and Bright Nights projects at Stanley Park!  I'm sure I won't be as excited at the end of October and December after spending most of my time working rainy nights in the park but chances are I'll actually love it more =) 

I know work isn't something you expect people to get so excited about, but when you love what you do, it's not really work is it?  While writing blogs for TFD (and for fun) was a nice step forward, today's contract feels more like a leap than anything else.  Hopefully by the end of the next six months, I'll be ready for another jump forward =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.