People With Time to Kill

Monday, August 29, 2011

Mindlessness

Every now and then, you just need a night of mindless entertainment. I'm particularly susceptible to this when feeling under the weather so not only was the weekend full of movies like Shaun of the Dead, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, and Speed Racer, tonight I went to go watch Captain America and am closing out the night with Transformers.

There's something comforting about watching gratuitous explosions, ridiculous fight scenes, and what my younger sister detests most about action movies: unnecessary romance (i.e. when the hero kisses the girl in the middle of a fight scene). I like knowing how the story will unfold even of I'm not always right about how we get to the inevitable ending. If anything, being wrong is the best part because it means the movie was actually able to surprise ms by being unpredictable for a change.

That's it for tonight - I'm off to watch another "unexpected hero" save the world =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.