People With Time to Kill

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Random Distractions

I'm still knee deep in Harry Potter books and movies; I still have three books and two movies to watch in 24 hours!  Clearly I won't finish in time but I am hoping to knock off the last two movies and maybe one more book before the theatre lights dim tomorrow night...after all, who really needs to sleep?

Even though I've been focused on the task at hand, I still have time for random distractions which is where Mike Halford and Jason Brough come in.  These guys are the geniuses behind The Province newspaper's Canucks-centric blog, Orland Kurtenblog, named after the first ever Vancouver Canuck team captain, Orland Kurtenbach.  While the Kurtenblog sits in second place (just behind Pass it to Bulis) of my favourite hockey blogs, they have absolutely rocked the off season with their non-hockey related posts.  Here's a sampling of what's popped up the past few days:

Did You Know Zonkeys Existed?
KB Supports the SPCA: Featured Cat of the Week
Is This Marriage Proposal the Biggest Jerk Move Ever?
Photo: Rare Evidence of the Mythical Sedin Triplet

I would say that the moment that catapulted them into second place would probably their 'press' coverage of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.  Between video cutting out because Brough walked into a tree to messing around at media day, every day brought us new reasons not to drink anything while reading the Kurtenblog.  If you've got some time to browse, these guys are definitely worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.