People With Time to Kill

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sailing



This is how I'm supposed to start my Saturday morning!  Well not quite in the same fashion as The Lonely Island Boys and T-Pain but still out on the water with the wind in the sails and some good company.  I've never actually been sailing but it's one of those inexplicable things I've harboured a fascination for over the past decade or so.  Maybe because of all the time I've spent on the water, a sailboat is the only type of boat I haven't been on yet...

At any rate, hopefully the weather will be nice and I'll have a chance to work on my non-existent tan - the hazards of working indoors all day!  Here's one last thing for you all today...my favourite Mark Twain quote

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore.  Dream.  Discover."

This probably has something to do with why I have a soft spot for all things sailing.  Happy Saturday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.