People With Time to Kill

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Coffee vs. Chai

I gave up coffee for Lent way back in March. Once Easter hit, my third stop off the day was Starbucks. In an attempt to be more frugal, I tried to stick with the cheaper tea options and didn't really have a pressing need to consume my regular pepermint white mocha. As the Canucks headed into overtime in game seven of the opening round against Chicago, I swore to the hockey gods that I would give up coffee for the rest of the playoffs if we could make it past the Hawks. Then Alex Burrows scored the goal that slayed the dragon and my playoff fate was sealed. Now that the playoffs are finished, I'm finding myself still choosing chai over coffee. Could this be a case of PSCPLD (Post Stanley Cup Playoff Loss Depression)? Quite possibly! Can you tell I'm distracted and couldn't think of anything substantial to write about tonight? Of course the lack of working Internet on my laptop didn't help tonight as I'm stuck typing this out on my iPhone so apologies for any typos I don't catch. Fingers crossed I come back tomorrow with something you guys would actually want to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.