People With Time to Kill

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Finale

Spring means longer days, warmer temperatures, and the end of television as we know it.  Writers are killing off our favourite characters, story lines are wrapping up, viewers are left on the edge of their seats, and some shows are ending forever.

I'm not sure if it's because I've watched way too much television over the years, but I can't really say I'm impressed with the dramatic shows this season.  Too many shows have become predictable with recycled plot lines that are spotted easily by someone who has seen it all before.  Keep in mind that I don't really watch reality television (other than So You Think You Can Dance) which I suspect might not be as easy to predict.

Other than Fringe, which consistently pushes the envelope (as it should, being a sci-fi show!) while simultaneously blowing my mind, I haven't really been surprised by any of the finales I've seen so far.  Yes, they have given me something to ponder once September rolls around, but nothing (other than Fringe) causes my mind to wander into the realm of possibilities at random moments.  Is it too much to ask for quality television?  Apparently so, but at least with nothing but hockey gluing me to the screen, I've got time for more important things.

Anyone have a favourite show they were blown away by this year?  Let me know...it might be something I need to start watching this fall =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.