People With Time to Kill

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Distractions

Do you think it's easier to get distracted when the sun is shining or when it's rainy out?  Oddly enough, I get more distracted when the weather is bad.  During the winter, it makes me want to crawl back under the warm covers with a good book or classic movie.  I'm also more prone to watching ridiculous YouTube videos about keyboard cats, old man light saber duels, dancing Stormtroopers, lip syncing kids, Russian Idol, fat kids on roller coasters and guilty animals.  On Sunday, with the rain coming down and with time to kill before Game One of the Western Conference Finals, I lost an hour and a half to the Dorkly and College Humour channels.

Summertime is a different story.  Sure I get distracted by the sunlight streaming through the office windows, but that's what actually keeps me focused in the end.  I know the sooner I can wrap up whatever I'm doing, the sooner I can get outside and actually enjoy it.  Living in Vancouver, you learn how to make the most of those gorgeous summer days.  The flip side?  Living in Vancouver means high expenses, which translates into more work.  It's a bit of a double edged sword but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.