People With Time to Kill

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sing

It's cheap movie night at the theatre so naturally I took my god-daughter out to watch Glee the 3D concert.  It got decent reviews and I'd previewed the soundtrack on AOL so I was fairly confident it would be worth the discounted admission. 

In truth, it was but it wasn't.  The song selection was pretty good and fans at the concert probably got their money's worth (especially if they made it into the actual movie), but there was just something off about the whole production.  Maybe it was the fact it was in 3D (which you barely noticed), or the cheese factor of cutting real life fan stories in with the concert footage.  I truthfully liked the fan stories and the messages of acceptance and changing perceptions, but it was just too much when combined with the concert.  Or maybe it's the fact I could tell the concert itself was presented out of sequence and felt disjointed.

Maybe I'm nitpicking tonight more than usual, but I did I enjoy myself.  Would I watch another 3D concert if they decide to release another one next summer? Probably not.  If I want to watch 90 minutes of Glee, I'll stick to watching the regular episodes at home on my couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.