People With Time to Kill

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Mirror Image

Throughout your life, you'll meet thousands of people, but every so often, you'll meet versions of yourself.  I know I've mentioned this before, but seeing as how I'm flipping to yet another new chapter, it just felt right to revisit.

I often find myself in younger people, such as friends who are on the cusp of new beginnings.  Lately though, I've wondered if I'm really seeing myself, or just imagining it because I wish I could go back to my own beginning.  Sometimes its like looking in one of those mirrors that distort your appearance.  Regardless of the truth behind my intent, whenever I do find these alternative Angelas, I'm overcome with the need to take care of them. 

I lecture, give advice, listen and ultimately compare them to myself.  It's almost as though I've tricked myself into believing if I can fix them, I can fix myself, when in reality, they are the ones fixing me.  As much as it hurts when they eventually outgrow me and move on, there is also satisfaction in knowing we've left our marks on each other and will hopefully be better in spite of the pain; that someday, we'll figure out the meaning behind it all.

1 comment:

  1. Further proof that my music devices are psychic - the first song to come on after this was posted: "Do You Know Me" by John Mayer

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.