People With Time to Kill

Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Simple Things

It's important to stop and appreciate the simple things in our lives.  Over the past couple of months I've really learned to appreciate the comfort of rambling, inane conversations with friends, the beauty of warm rainy days, the strength (and loneliness) found in solitude, the freedom of honesty, and the sting of rejection.  It's the simple things that make everything else worth while  and we just need to remember that when things feel like they're spiralling out of our control.

There are hundreds of quotes that I could put here for inspiration, but there is one that I came across this past week that I haven't been able to get out of my head.  We've already established that I'm a bit of a control freak, I can't stop myself from meddling, and basically am a bit to focused on everyone else's lives.  There are hundreds of quotes that I could use to sum this all up, but there is one that I found this past week that has stuck with me.  It's a matter of remembering, while it's important to look forward at the big picture, life is about the moments, big and small, on the journey that we'll remember in the end.
"You can't do anything about the length of your life,
but you can do something about it's width and depth."
~ Shira Tehrani ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.