People With Time to Kill

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dreaming

It's been a hot topic in the hockey world over the past couple of days, and I figured it was only a matter of time before I threw down my two cents on the topic.  For those of you who don't follow hockey, one of our top players in Vancouver, Manny Malhotra, has been sidelined with a serious eye injury after being struck in the face by a deflected puck. 

The Vancouver Canucks released a brief statement yesterday to announce that Manny would miss the remainder of the regular season as well as the playoffs.  Obviously everyone's main concern is Manny's health but most people can't help but wonder what this means for the team.  Personally, as much as I am invested in this team and its success, this incident makes me wonder about much more than our chances of getting to the Stanley Cup finals.  It makes me wonder, what happens when you're living out your dream and it's snatched out from under you?

It's difficult to imagine because you never really know how you'll react until you're actually in that situation.  You can only hope you won't pull a Costanza when that defining moment comes.  Would you throw in the towel and give up or would you fight to get it all back?  Other than what I learn through team released interviews, I don't know Manny Malhotra at all.  Nevertheless, I think he'll do whatever it takes to come back from this injury and hopefully get back on the ice one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.