People With Time to Kill

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jaded


"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
~ Irving Caesar ~
I watched Super 8 with my sister tonight and after I said I didn't quite care for the ending because it was too cheese-balls, she said I was jaded by the current state of the entertainment industry.  Now, I don't see myself as someone who always sees the glass half full/empty, it really just depends on the day.  Regardless of how much is actually in the glass, you still have to drink it so you might as well do it in one go.

Is it wrong to expect visionary film makers to produce an ending that effectively wraps up the story without making me think of some American sliced cheese?  I'm a huge fan of J.J. Abrams and his work but you can't expect everything to always be awesome, otherwise you wouldn't know a truly fantastic film even if it slapped you across the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.