People With Time to Kill

Monday, June 6, 2011

Panic or Cucumber (as in keep as cool as)

Refrain from hitting!
It was painful to watch, especially now knowing that it ties Vancouver with the '96 Florida Panthers for the second worst loss in NHL Stanley Cup Finals history.  Minnesota is still the reigning champ (or loser, depending on which way you want to look at it) for their 8-0 loss to Pittsburgh in '91.

A lot of people were questioning player health, travel fatigue, and what AV was thinking keeping Luongo in goal the entire game (as opposed to resting up for the next game once the game was out of reach).  Those that weren't asking any questions were too busy drowning their sorrows and fighting off panic attacks and visions of playoffs past.  Personally, I feel like a bit of the team's zen attitude is rubbing off on me.

I predicted that this series would go all the way to 7 games and that there was no way we'd get out of Boston without losing one game.  Now I never could've predicted we'd crash and burn in an 8-1 loss, but as PiTB wrote way back at the end of March, It's Okay to be Optimistic!  The race to lift the Stanley Cup is a marathon, not a sprint, and I believe with the end in sight, the Canucks have more than enough gas left in the tank to bring it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.