People With Time to Kill

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blowing Up

It's St. Patrick's Day today and even though I have zero Irish blood in me, I can't help feeling like a leprechaun slipped a little luck into my morning mocha.  Last night's blog post, the first of many (I hope!) spotlight profiles on rising event stars blew up on the web this morning.

I'm linked!!
A quick tweet announcing the post was quickly re-tweeted by a few followers and somehow ended up on The Corbin Ball, CSP, CMP Daily.  Corbin Ball is "an international speaker, consultant, and writer helping clients worldwide use technology to save time and improve productivity."  I'm not going to sit here and pretend I had any idea who Mr. Ball was before this morning.  After doing a bit of research, I am absolutely amazed he added this post as one of his top stories of the day.  He's been named as one of the 25 Most influential People in the Meetings Industry by MeetingNews Magazine for four consecutive years and has industry experience a novice coordinator/assistant like me dreams of.  If you are in the industry and are on Twitter, make sure you follow his feed for your daily top stories in events.

I'd be remiss if I didn't take the time to thank Shawn for helping spread Sarah's post all over Twitter.  Of everyone in my class, no one has shown more dedication and persistence to social media than Shawn and his bio will hopefully be one of the next ones to be featured in the Event Star Spotlight series (if we can find time for the interview!).  In the meantime, check Shawn out on Twitter and LinkedIn for more info.

I've talked about my dreams of someday getting published and creating something that has substance and meaning for people before but I never really thought it could be a reality this soon.  Today wasn't just a baby step, it was a leap off the diving board into a deep end, something that I usually "Mr. Bean."  The great response and support that has come from this one post has been overwhelming and really reminded me why I write.  With that in mind, I'm off to chase down inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.