People With Time to Kill

Monday, February 7, 2011

Psychic Pods

Honestly, music makes my world go round - it's the one thing I absolutely cannot live without!  I've imported maybe 5% of the music I have into iTunes and am already at 4,100 songs.  This is minuscule compared to true music aficionados, but I'm not claiming to be one of them.  I've got playlists for going out, prepping for a hockey game, soundtracks, driving, rage, reading, sleeping - you name it I probably have it.

There's nothing like a good song to get you pumped up for a party or put you to bed, but the ultimate songs are those that come up at the perfect times.  I swear that my iPod and iPhone are psychic sometimes because even on shuffle, they can pull up the best songs to fit my mood.

Waiting for my mom at the airport yesterday, I passed the time with a debrief with my best friend [she lives in Edmonton =( ].  We went over a heavy topic (i.e. secrets, honesty, etc.) that sent me into moody-thinking overdrive.  First song that came on the radio?  Secrets by OneRepublic, followed by You Run Away by Barenaked Ladies (because I was randomly on QMFM).

Pushing my luck, I turned the radio off and hit shuffle on my iPhone.  Cue Talk to Me by Peaches which I randomly heard on a show over a year ago, listened to for a week then forgot about (my phone automatically fills any empty space with random music from iTunes).

Sometimes the universe sends us signs in the strangest ways.  Who am I to ignore them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.