People With Time to Kill

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Montreal to Vancouver

Last summer I thought of taking a trip to Montreal.  The catch?  Driving back to Vancouver in under a two weeks.  It's ambitious to be sure, but not impossible if you're spending less than 24 hours in each location.  Because I'm posting in the narrow margin between jobs today, I'm making this quick and easy.  Here's my ultimate 10 day road trip schedule:

Day 1 - Arrive in Montreal (after taking the red-eye from Vancouver) at 7:30 am
          - Drive to Ottawa for dinner, spend the night

Day 2 - Drive to Toronto for lunch, spend the night

No maps allowed! 
We're not lost, we're on an adventure =)

Day 3 - Drive to Niagra for lunch
          - Drive to Sudbury to spend the night

Day 4 - Drive to Sault Ste Marie for brunch
          - Drive to Thunder Bay for dinner

Day 5 - Leave Thunder Bay after breakfast
          - Arrive in Winnipeg for dinner

Day 6 - Leave Winnipeg after lunch
          - Drive to Regina for dinner

Day 7 - Leave Regina at the crack of dawn
          - Spend the afternoon in Drumheller
          - Leave for Calgary after dinner

Day 8 - Drive to Banff for lunch
          - Drive to Lake Louise for dinner

Day 9 - Drive to Jasper for lunch
          - Drive to Prince George for dinner

Day 10 - Leave Prince George at the crack of dawn
            - Late lunch in Whistler
            - Drive home for dinner

I'm sad I can't show you the wicked colour coded time table I actually created for this trip or maybe I'm just sad because I actually made a time table.  I'll let you all decide that one.  But seriously, this trip has the potential for equal parts disaster and awesomeness - hopefully I'll get to take it (or the actual coast to coast trip!) some day soon =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.