People With Time to Kill

Monday, November 7, 2011

7 Weeks

What was supposed to be a brief break from blogging accidentally turned into a seven week hiatus.  I'm not quite sure where all the time went - I'm sure most of it was spent working in the park as I was managing the annual Stanley Park Ghost Train five nights a week.  As for the rest of the time, I can't really say I know exactly how it passed so quickly but I have a feeling most of it was spent sleeping since not much else went on this month. 

It's actually quite sad to see that in writing - clearly my hopes of finding a better work/life balance have not been realized at this point and I've put myself that much further away from achieving my goal of 365 posts this year.  As always, I've managed to discover a bit of a silver lining out of all of this - the blog has managed to continually draw readers even throughout my extended absence.  Yay for Google searches! =)

The past seven weeks have been very tiring, somewhat thankless, and even slightly lonely at times.  I've missed having a place to come express myself, even if it was only for a few lines.  Being away for so long has reminded me exactly why I started this blog in the first place and how much work there is still to be done before I reach some of those personal goals.  Absence has made my heart grow fonder and I'm looking forward to the rest of the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.