People With Time to Kill

Friday, May 6, 2011

Hide & Seek

Do you remember that feeling you had as a kid playing hide & seek?  There was the thrill of securing the ultimate hiding spot and the elation of getting to home base before getting tagged, but I also used to have that moment of doubt in the first round that no one was actually looking for me; that it was just an elaborate prank to get me to hide away from everyone.  I'm sure this says quite a bit about my mental state, not only as a child but as an adult since I still get that feeling every so often.  When you spend your life running away and hiding, the hardest thing is learning how to stop.  I thought that it was something I'd figured out years ago but what I realize now is that it's something I have to work at every day. It's not easy, but at least I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but please keep the comments PG and constructive. Anything that I find to be inappropriate or offensive WILL be deleted. I don't want to limit you, but I have to look out for anyone else that might be reading these.